Teeth Whitening is one of the most common cosmetic procedure done in modern days. There are a lot of options with Teeth Whitening. You can select either an In-office Teeth Whitening or Professional Take-home kits or Over the counter Whitening strips or a combination.
The common ingredient used in bleaching is either Hydrogen Peroxide or Carbamide Peroxide. Bleaching is usually done to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth and making them white and bright. The results of teeth whitening are very subjective, varying from person to person.
Zoom Teeth Whitening
Our Plano Dental office is equipped with and uses Zoom! Teeth Whitening. The whole whitening procedure takes One hour and is an in-office procedure. The advantage of this procedure is the results are fast because of a higher concentration of Hydrogen peroxide.
The procedure involves cleaning the teeth, applying a special protective covering to the gums and then applying the zoom bleaching gel. A special light is then focused only to your teeth with the gel, that helps in breaking down the stains. This procedure is done for 15 minutes and is repeated 3-4 times. Some amount of sensitivity develops with this procedure. People who normally are sensitive may experience an increased level of sensitivity. There may be some level of gum irritation from this procedure.
Post Operative Instructions
Post-operative instructions include staying away from colored food and drinks. If you smoke ,it is highly advised to quit smoking as it causes staining.
- After Zoom! Teeth whitening it is advised not to drink coffee, tea, red wine and smoke tobacco for 2 hours.
- You may experience some degree of sensitivity. Start using the Anti-sensitive Oral care gel that was provided to you after the zoom procedure.
- Place some gel in the take-home trays and wear the trays in your mouth for 10-30 minutes. Do not spit for approximately 3 minutes.
- For best results do not drink or eat for 30 minutes after application. The best time to do this will be just before going to bed.
- If you experience severe sensitivity use over the counter pain medications like Tylenol or Motrin.